Instead, I just made the plain chevre again. I've been watching some of the cheesemaking and goat lists for ideas on what to flavor it with. Our favorite is onion, garlic, basil, and salt. Yum!
But here are a few other ideas:
- chipolte pepper
- onion and herb
- garlic and herb
- bacon and ranch (I think they must use the powdered ranch dressing)
- jalapeno and bacon
- a few different McCormic spice blends--one was Roasted Garlic and Sweet Pepper
- others use some of the Weber (the grill people) spice blends
Some sweet additives are:
- powdered sugar then rolled in crushed Heath bars
- powdered sugar and chocolate chips rolled in nuts (I would use pecans, but I'm sure others would like walnuts)
- plain chevre with warmed cajeta poured over the top, served with graham crackers
- cinnamon and honey used as a breakfast spread on toast
I was also told that chevre freezes beautifully, so I have 4 containers in the freezer. I'll save them for the upcoming holidays!